Re: Topband: VP6T

To: <vhfplus@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VP6T
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:41:44 -0700
I'm with ya, Jack -- and, for me, since I have so few Top Band DXCC QSLs 'cuz I
operate QRP, I LOVE holding that card.  Hi Hi

In fact, for my 260+ DXCC entities that I've worked, I believe I have 240 of
them in the form of QSL cards.  Recently, my XYL's brother and his squeeze were
over at the house .... during a conversation about Amateur Radio they asked me
who I'd contacted....I went into the shack, pulled my two plastic baggies full
of my DXCC QSL cards, brought the cards out and started laying them out on the
table for them to peruse.  Even I was in awe of some of the pics and layouts
utilized.

Super fun to have those QSL cards to reminisce over!

72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV

> Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:33:17 -0800
> From: vhfplus@gmail.com
> To: topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: VP6T
>
> On 2/2/2012 10:12 AM, GREG WILSON wrote:
> > Yes -- but our friend may want the card for reasons other than a ARRL award
> > (or CQ WPX). Maybe he would like a card for his wall. So if you know the
> > answer to his question, I'm sure he would appreciate it. 73 de Greg-N4CC
> >
> > On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 10:42 AM, Jim Hoge<knowkode@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Jim,
> >>
> >> Good point. Also, you don't have to jump through the extra hoops imposed
> >> by the ARRL to get a topband LotW qsl awarded to your DXCC standings. No
> >> conventions where an HQ staffer is present for card checking or no sending
> >> the card to HQ is necessary. Just submit an LotW application and it's a
> >> done deal.
> >>
> >> 73,
> >> Jim W5QM
> >>

> >> ________________________________
> >> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

> > UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK
> >
> My XYL, K7MKL, has had her Extra for less than a year and her General
> not much more than that. She is thrilled by the DX QSLs she's been able
> to acquire and wants to get one from every DXCC entity she works,
> regardless of LoTW confirmations. She is bewildered at the DX stations
> who refuse to confirm with paper, even with an SAE and IRC or green
> stamp(s).
>
> I am working on a display of QSLs for something in excess of 320 DXCC
> entities (not mine, unfortunately) and it is an amazing sight. It
> saddens me that so many new DXer's will never have the thrill of seeing
> anywhere near that number of cards on their walls. I guess there are
> those of us who have been around for 50+ years and just become callous.
> Some have even become curmudgeons :>)
>
> 73,
>
> --
> Jack, W6NF