Topband: 4 new radials...

To: top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4 new radials...
From: "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 18:12:39 -0800 (PST)
I just measured the length of 4 two conductor cables  the water Co.
 abandoned when they went to walk-by metering.

My basement has access to cables running to 3 other
condo basements which I will use.

Using measured capacitance between the two conductors
 of my cable ( 24pf / ft.) it was easy to calculate the lengths of
cables going to the other 3 condos.

The lengths of 4 radials professionally installed and
donated by the water company are :
Condo 1 (me)  27 feet
Condo 2          55.2 feet
Condo 3          93.2 feet
Condo 4        125.1 feet

 I called the water co. and verified that all condo's are on the new system.
The cables were just cut from the inside water meters and left there.

Hey, they might not help but..... 160m QRP from a condo requires much optimism.

I am very excited...but please do not call the condo police.

jim / W1FMR
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK