Re: Topband: DXE Active Receive antenna question

To: rodman@buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: Topband: DXE Active Receive antenna question
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 20:30:26 -0800
D Rodman MD wrote:

> the receiver and watching the S meter.  To our surprise the compromise
> position
> for the system (160 & 80m) in terms of jumper position does not produce
> the best
> receive signal one can obtain.  It looks more like a monoband system
> rather than
> a duoband.  By changing the jumpers we could obtain at least 10dB signal
> increase
> on each band separately, but also at the expense of an even greater loss

I found the same thing when I evaluated one of these years ago.
It is just not a broadband design.  The only thing you can do
to mitigate the problem is to use taller verticals that simply
bring in more signal to begin with.  Or use a different amplifier
like the Hi-Z.

Rick N6RK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK