Re: Topband: Propagation last evening

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Propagation last evening
From: Don Moman VE6JY <ve6jy.1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 22:39:30 +0000
>From my landlocked 4 square in somewhat frozen and snowy Alberta, Friday
was mostly what I'd call a normal evening, i.e. not very good.   The bigger
stations on the east coast are workable (VY2ZM and N4PN were consistently
loud), Europe is a dream  (and yes, we consider VO1/2 to be part of Europe
for this one...) and the Carribean was workable but not many of them to
pick from.  I only called CQ here from almost 0800 thru 0930 and the best
mults that answered were VE9HF and KH6AT but I listened a fair bit (and
made a few Perseus recordings earlier) and gave out the multiplier to
whomever heard me.

It never ceases to amaze/confuse me that when I'm searching and calling
stations, anyone that isn't fairly solid copy will virtually NEVER hear me.
 Yet when I call CQ, I get stations answering me that are so weak I'd never
even consider calling them, yet they often comment on how loud I am.  They
can't all be QRP....

73 Don
VE6JY

On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 7:16 PM, Steve <aa4v@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> The only thing I heard last night was KH7Y and N4PN calling CQ...I
> couldn't get Paul's attention
> 73, Steve KH6/AA4V
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 25, 2012, at 9:07 AM, "chacuff" <chacuff@cableone.net> wrote:
>
> > Anyone care to comment on last evenings propagation for the CQ SSB
> contest?
> >
> >> From the deep south there just was no DX going on.  Spots were very
> slim as
> > well...
> >
> > I'd be curious what others experienced...
> >
> > Cecil
> > K5DL

> > UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK