Re: Topband: 160M CONTEST SCORING

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M CONTEST SCORING
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 19:37:58 -0400
Gentlemen,  I have been calling CQ tonight for two hours and never
received a single reply.    This is with a 1/4 wave vertical, and Alpha
87A and 12 Beverages in every directions.  Some nights on 160  the
propagation is just not there.  As Kenny Rodgers used to sing...."you
gotta know when to hold and when to fold"  and it looks like tonight I
am folding my tent and hoping for better days ahead on TB.  I just
finally got through to NG4C (first contact in 2.5 hours on the band)
and he spent 10 minutes repeatedly asking me for my "state"....under
these circumstances it is time to fold.

Cheers,

Herb Schoenobhm, KV4FZ

On 2/25/2012 7:15 PM, James Rodenkirch wrote:
> I'm with you, Bill - as a Top Band QRP operator with a limited (make LIMITED)
> antenna, in terms of efficiency - I'd sure like to see more SP activity as
> that's one contest where us QRPers can sorta enjoy it all...knowing that our
> weak signals might, just might, piqué the curiosity of other operators as we
> are "worth more."  Hi Hi
>
> 72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV
>

>> From: magoo@isp.ca
>> To: topband@contesting.com
>> Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 16:01:50 -0500
>> Subject: Topband: 160M CONTEST SCORING
>>
>> Hey you guys-while you come down hard on the east coasters for looking east
>> instead of west in the CQWW, don't forget to slam us Canookies-we get DX
>> points for working all you fine fellas just across the border. Talk about
>> skewed scoring! I'd love to see a lot more activity in the only
>> level-playing field contest there is: the SP.
>>
>> Bill VE3CSK
>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK