Topband: Deterring Critters

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Deterring Critters
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 20:23:54 -0700
Thanks Bill,

Not that long ago , I had a dual band 4 square for 160, and 80 meters. It
took 18 relays and a lot of coax cable that had some failures.
I stopped having coax problems after a friend recommended Belden 9292
RG-11/U. However about that time it seemed like many neighbors were getting
cats. I currently have a very large, Bombay species, neutered male.  Hates
rodents-bring his catch outside of the kitchen door. He is young and agile
which allows him to occasionally overtake a gray squirrel going  up a tree.
But he backs down slowly.  Squirrels started using the telephone cables to
go cross country.
 I had started to think the great reduction in rodents had solved the
problem. But tonight  checking  Belden cable 9292 specs--- it has a HDPE
jacket.
73
Bruce