Topband: The End of Another One...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: The End of Another One...
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 15:17:26 -0400
Good Day All,

Well, Spring sure has arrived early this year in this part of "VE3"-land---so
early, in fact, that the XYL is making noises to-day about our starting to rake
the lawn in preparation for the ongoing 6 month long grass harvesting season
here in southern Ontario...

The odious task of raking is scheduled to commence this coming Sunday, & that
means but one thing: it's time to roll up the radials beneath the "L" antennas
here, & vacate Topband until the end of October 2012 (sigh!).

In as much as I may hate leaving 160-meters "...for the duration", I must say
that---for me, at any rate---this season on 1.8-MHz will be memorable if only
for the fact that things more or less shut down here, propagation-wise, earlier
this year than last: in 2011, things sorta died in January---2012 saw things
wither on the vine early in December. Oh, there were moments of bliss, alright,
and I have two new ones in my 160-meter DXCC total to show for it...but hardly
anything to make it a stand-out season for all of the RIGHT reasons.

Fingers here are crossed that 2012-13 will more than make-up for the past...!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK