Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: July Stew Perry Please!!!!
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 19:12:32 -0700
On 3/17/2012 6:34 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
> Four 24 hour Stew's a year is a good deal, at the equinoxes and the
> soltices.

While I LOVE the concept of the Stew, it seriously lacks critical mass,
even in the main event in December.  As a result, I always finding
myself taking frequent breaks during the evening and going QRT from
boredom by 1 am or so.

It has seemed to me that adding the July and October runnings of the
Stew are even more poorly attended, and have also served to dilute
interest in the Dec event.  While I'd love to see topband activity
spread around the calendar, far more effort is needed to get more folks
to participate.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK