Re: Topband: Topband Season

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Season
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 09:18:10 -0400
I was hoping to get VP7 in the log on 160 but whenever I heard him, he was
calling EU only. At least I got him on 80. And I think he's packed up his 160
antenna by now.

That said... yesterday I started up the lawnmower for the first time, 70 degree
weather and spring onions sprouting all over the yard, and the radials that I
hadn't rolled up, got chopped up! (Just some green insulation 18 gauge
stranded). It never really snowed over the winter here (MD).

Tim N3QE

> For those of us ?having to roll our radials up each?year the topband season
> is either over or in my case almost over.
> The deal with my XYL is that because the radials are on the backyard, I can
> roll them?them out?each Ocxtober but have to? roll them up once the snow is
> gone.
>  This year we had less then 20 inches of snow around here needless to say I
> have been dragging my feet on t h i s subject.? But with temps in the 70s
> today,
> I?am certianly on borrowed time.???So n ext weekend the radials?are probably
> going to have to get rolled up.? But before then I 'm hoping to put a few
> the more SA stations in the log (wink?wink nudge nudge...).

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK