Topband: Top Band closed for business - no

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Top Band closed for business - no
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 07:06:50 -0400
Hi,

This morning I tuned around the band a little and noted that AA1K was
reliably calling CQ DX at ~0938Z. After a few minutes I found W3/JJ5GMJ
calling for DX. And then I heard a K6 station come back to him. I have
only recently been disciplining myself to log people I hear calling CQ.
Now I must add logging all callsigns heard. I wish I had that K6 call in
writing so I could verify a west coast location. The W3 was well over
599 here but the K6 was at least a good 559! I logged the W3/ at 0948Z.

Top Band is NOT closed for the season! The meds I am taking for my heart
health often interfere with my sleep and I will use some of the times I
awake in the wee hours of the morning to check out what might be on Top
Band. And I'll start disciplining my logging habits to include all calls
heard.

73,

Bill  KU8H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK