Re: Topband: E51M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: E51M
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 15:06:01 -0400
Jim,

E51M operation has super signals on all high bands but their interest
does not seem to be in 160 at all.  I have asked them countless times
and was told yesterday that there is some difficulty in getting up an
antenna.. The SSB tent said they a have even sent over two of their crew
to help out.  The SSB crew is very friendly and  easy to work.  On CW
however this morning they were on 14 CW and spent 6 hours sending E51M
up EU and the same was being sent on 18 Mhz as well for about the same
amount of time.  It is very frustrating when a rare DXpedition  is in
here 599 plus for hours and refuses to work the America's.  I just hope
if they ever get on the lower bands that NA will even have a chance.

My question is why should any portion of the world be locked out for
long periods of time from calling for a new country..  Sure I have faced
time and time again trying in vain to break a EU wall on 160.  This was
recently the case with 3C0E working Eu's for hours on TB and not a
chance to NA at all.  So my suggestion is to have at least a few minutes
to QSX for NA under these circumstances instead of just raising a total
blockade lasting over the whole path opening. And in the case where a
DX-pedition ops  want to disfavor some geographic location in deference
to his buddies back in Europe, why not at least allow for a short open
window from time to time?

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

On 4/4/2012 12:40 PM, Jim WA9YSD wrote:

> Check out E51M on the call search for E51M updates are posted there.
>
> Latest post:
> 4.02.12  2257 Z
> I spoke to the Team Leader about 30 minutes ago. Because the sat. phone is
> still too noisy, we spoke on 12 meters. Here are the two matters he related
> to me;  The Six meter station is available and ready to make QSOs.  If anyone
> is hearing them on six, or wants to give it a try, call one of the stations
> operating on the low band frequencies and ask for some one to go to the six
> meter station. The antenna for 160 meters is still being worked on. Stay
> tuned for that band to be QRV
> Good Evening ,
> Leon, (K2EWB)
>
> Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK