Re: Topband: Small loop Performance

To: Dennis <dennisissure@comporium.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Small loop Performance
From: W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 10:00:55 -0400
I think a key success factor is for us to get past the magic and wives tales
and look at the fundementals. What is the local situation wrt local crud noise,
how localized or generalized is it, what are the baseline characteristics of
each antenna being considered wrt vertical angle, azimuthal directivity,
output, the distance from shack to antenna wrt proper feedline treatment to
avoid common mode pickup and the location of the proposed antennas to
everything else which can affect them.

This is why I find on4un books so useful even tho many of the designs are far
out of range for me. They show the idealized performance targets so you can
more intelligently evaluate all the practical options.

73

Sent from my iPad

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK