Re: Topband: 9M0L

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 9M0L
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 05:53:00 +1200
30 minutes of daylight overlap is not too much, and there should be a
really good chance of a contact.  I agree with Herb, starting at 1010z
instead of bang on their SS at 1033z, would give him a real chance,
especially if done over several days.  I have had many good DX contacts
20 min before my SS.

73, Greg, ZL3IX

On 2012-04-18 05:34 a.m., Steve London wrote:
> Herb,
>
> You simply have no common darkness with 9M0L this time of year.
>
> KV4 sunrise: 1002Z
> 9M0L sunset: 1033Z
>
> KV4 sunset: 2236Z
> 9M0L sunrise: 2211Z
>
> What do you want them to do ? Change the declination of the earth's axis ?
>
> This is no different than the Kerguelen DXpedition a few years back. Those of
> us
> in New Mexico (and Texas) had no common darkness, and were shut out on 80 and
> 160.
>
> 73,
> Steve, N2IC
>
> On 04/17/2012 11:11 AM, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
>> Great!  Yet Another Pacific DX-pedition that comes on TB 30 minutes
>> after my sunrise in the Eastern Caribbean.
>>
>> I lost even a chance for 4 new ones this season because of the operators
>> in the Pacific DX-peditions refusal to look at my Grey Line and
>> concentrate on NA big guns.  Oh well.
>>
>> Herb, KV4FZ
>> St. Croix United States Virgin Islands
>>

>> On 4/17/2012 9:37 AM, Mike Greenway wrote:
>>> We will pick up NA around 1826 today and will transmit 1811 after our SS
>>> 1033U
>>> TC. We worked 100 EUs but very few NA.
>>> Please forward this message to Top Band Archives for US Top Banders.
>>>

>>> Joe JA1LZR Spratly

>>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK
>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK