Re: Topband: BEVS ON SAME SUPPORT

To: "Bill and Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: BEVS ON SAME SUPPORT
From: "Maciej Wieczorek" <mw_comercial@wp.pl>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 15:00:37 +0200
Hi Bill,

I have no experience with crossing beverage's but I remember from ON4UN's
book the the coupling is marginal in this case and should not affect
performance... Maybe there is another problem: I don't think grounding
unused bevs is the best solution, I would rather left them "floating" or
load with 50ohm (or 75ohm) resistor (which worked best at my QTH).

Regarding two opposite directions on the same poles, with some "vertical"
spacing - I am also very interested if someone have tested exactely this
kind of solution and what were the results. Here, I was going to try it for
JA/PY directions in the next season. Well, I always thought it's better
solution than standart "two wire beverege", with reflection xfmr, etc.
Actually, I don't understand the reason why two close spaced parallel wires
in horizontal are OK, and one below another, with reasonable spacing might
cause problems (obviously, I consider that the feed point of the opposite
direction should be at some distance from the far end of the "main"
direction and vice versa). But maybe I'm missing sth and someone with
greater knowledge could explain this. here...

In September I will share here results of my tests as well.

Best 73's from Poland
Mac SP2XF