Re: Topband: Antarctica

To: "Gavin Taylor" <gm0gav@hfdx.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antarctica
From: "George" <w8uvz@voyager.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:50:42 -0400

Hello Gavin

Yes, I see your Antarctic call VP8GAV in my top band log on October 19,
1992.

Also the Russian Antarctic Base, 4K1AFM in my October 1991 top band log.

I also see several Qs with HF0POL during these times.  Believe this one
counted as S Shetland.

Regarding current RI1ANF activity.  I thot someone listed his QTH as King
George Is, which would count as South Shetland Is rather than Antarctica?

73  George  W8UVZ

I was active as VP8GAV from Antarctica and made a few QSOs on 160, vast
majority in 1992. I just sorted my log by band and it breaks down like
this :

Total     207
EU        94
NA        79
JA        2
ZL        1
AF       6

The rest are SA.

Still got cards if you need one and they are in LOTW. BTW I also need
Antarctica on 160, but got Oleg RI1ANF this week for a new one.

73 Gavin
GM0GAV

On 01/06/2012 11:41, Bernie McClenny, W3UR wrote:
> VP8ANT - April 1983
> VP8CTR - July 1997
> EM1HO - July 1997
>

> Bernie McClenny, W3UR
> The Daily DX - The Weekly DX
> Get a free two weeks of The Daily DX and The Weekly DX
> http://www.dailydx.com/trial.htm
> Follow The Daily DX on Twitter - https://twitter.com/#!/dailydx

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK