Topband: TX ANT TO RX ANT COUPLING

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: TX ANT TO RX ANT COUPLING
From: "Bill and Liz" <magoo@isp.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 17:34:47 -0400
I have been following the thread with interest.  I have a K9AY and a DO loop
located within 60 to 75 ft of the TX vertical at our summer home.
Interestingly, I find both these antennas very quiet with no sign of noise
being coupled to them via the TX antenna.  I work a lot of DX from this
location on topband using these loops as well as a pair of Beverages, both
of which also pass fairly close to my TX vertical and both of which are very
quiet.

So, why am I not hearing this noise many are experiencing?  The TX vertical
is a 60 ft toploaded affair and I do not de-tune it on receive.  All I have
done is to run all the feedlines for both RX antennas and the TX vertical
underground in different conduits to a remote switching location.  Someone
please tell me why I am missing out on all the fun of having noise on my RX
antennas.

Bill, VE3CSK

-----
No virus found in this message.