Topband: More Amplifier info

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: More Amplifier info
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 06:49:17 -0700 (PDT)
Interesting thread. Here's some data on that part which I haven't seen before.

Communication concepts offers a KW amp kit based on the Freescale part and a
Freescale app note. Although the kit is for 2 meters, the app note does give
class AB1 performance data as well as CW data. The app note is here:

http://www.communication-concepts.com/index.php/fileuploader/download/download/?d=0&file=custom%2Fupload%2FFile-1338047866.pdf

If that doesn't work you'll probably have to go to the Communication Concepts
web page.

Like Tom, I am convinced that it is not possible to run that part at full power
in normal amateur service due to the heat issues. Maybe some energetic person
will build one up for 1.8 MHz using cryogenic cooling and let us know how that
works out...

73,

Larry - W7IUV
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK