Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Mother of all ferrite common-mode coaxial chokes
From: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 14:17:02 -0400
> NO, unless the coax shield is improperly terminated (the Pin One
> Problem, or a badly installed connector).

Makes sense to me, Jim except in the context of any RF current that could
exist on the outside of the coaxial interconnect cable (e.g., between rig
and amp) which when using the audio demonstration at 10 kHz or even 100 kHz
may not show up well in current sensor tests.  It seems to me that any RF
current not contained within the inner conductor of the outer shield could
still divide across multiple paths as in the low frequency/DC context you
discussed.  No?

Paul, W9AC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK