Topband: Beverage antennas and Ticks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage antennas and Ticks
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:37:10 -0700
Bet there are many tick stories in the DX group.
I was on active duty at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in 1957 and while I was shaving
in the BOQ latrine one of the guys noticed a tick on my back. They burned it
out with a cigarette.  Had to go to early sick bay many days after,
receiving many penicillin shots, but never missed duty.   Used to operate
K5USA in the evenings on CW except  10 meters  as it  bothered the base
commanders TV.
Bottom line-Ticks are really "bad news." They can screw your life right off
track.
73
Bruce-K1FZ

 Mountain tick fever, Texas tick fever, Southeast tick fever, the
 list goes on...  Terry K4RX

 Ticks carry many things, some that doctors are not familiar with.
Tom.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK