Re: Topband: Spark Gaps..

To: <donovanf@starpower.net>, "160 reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Spark Gaps..
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 16:40:50 -0400
Figuring that .045" is a standard 2000V air gap for variable caps in medium
humidity it would be a good place to start. For 1500V set at .030".

Everybody should have a set of feeler gauges(-;

A sacrificial size >100 uH choke should suffice as a static drain and be a
visible indicator of whats happening.

Carl
KM1H