Re: Topband: "return" current - what is it?

To: "topband@contesting.com topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: "return" current - what is it?
From: Yuri Blanarovich <k3bu@optimum.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2012 10:48:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sooo, there is no current and voltage variation along the standing wave
resonant dipole?
Soooo, Jasik et al, all those antenna books, modeling programs showing
RF CURRENT and/or RF VOLTAGE distribution along the (standing wave)
solid antenna wire are thinking otherwise?
Like parallel LC circuit (say in amplifier) or RF choke doesn't have
high RF voltage (low current) at one end and vice versa on the other
end?
Hint: take the neon bulb and slide it along the RF radiator. On the
resonant circuit you would see brightest light at the tip (hig voltage,
low current) with brightness diminishing towards the feed point (dipole)
or RF grounded end. The current is just opposite, lowest at the tip,
highest at the feedpoint. IT VARIES along the length of even solid wire!
Applying Kirchoff to wrong case and arguing against reality is just
misleading.

73 Yuri, K3BU.us

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 10:04 AM, Tom W8JI wrote:

>> You can not apply Kirchoff law from DC circuits to the current
>> behavior
>> along the STANDING WAVE RF radiator.
>
> Yes, we can.
>
> Kirchhoff's law is Kirchhoff's law, and is not frequency dependent.
>
> I can't imagine anyone thinking otherwise. Thinking Kirchhoff's law
> applied only to dc circuits is like thinking Ohm's law applies to dc
> circuits only.
>
> 73 Tom
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK