Re: Topband: RX 4 squares

To: Bob Kupps <n6bk@yahoo.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX 4 squares
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 05:54:59 -0700 (PDT)
Bob,

My Hi-Z 4-square was only 80 feet from my 160 TX vertical (which is
disconnected with relays during RX periods and non-resonant). The other towers,
also non-resonant, were about a half wave away. Although there was noticeable
pattern distortion, the array was still very effective.

In my experience, you would probably have more trouble with the resonant
antennas a half wave away then the nearby non-resonant antennas/towers. I
suggest that you use relays to make the resonant structures become non-resonant
during RX periods.

Of course, ALL RX antennas will have greatly diminished performance in the
presence of resonant structures including elevated radials.

73, Larry - W7IUV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK