Re: Topband: Threading radials

To: ZR <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Threading radials
From: Michael Armstrong <armstrmj@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 08:41:45 -0700
ZR, Bruce and Bob, thanks for your info.  There's the problem..... I was
using the white ones and didn't know the black ones are UV resistant.
I'll check those out.

ZR, I need to use tie wraps in my case.  I am not, currently, using PVC
so I need something that will not make electrical contact which hose
clamps would in my case.  But that is a good point you make about that
thing.  If I change my design, which is indeed likely, I will definitely
think about using your idea along with PVC.

In general, I have avoided using PVC for anything RF...... those tests
years ago where the PVC pipes melted and the resulting pictures kind of
left a lasting impression that is hard to fight.  LOL.  I'll get over
it, but if you saw the same pictures those many years ago, you would
definitely understand why I have avoided it to date :)

Mike (AB7ZU)