Re: Topband: DX Engineering Preselector

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Engineering Preselector
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 11:33:55 -0400

Sent: Friday, August 24, 2012 6:04 PM
>The only time Ive
>used a preamp is on those quietest of nights where only 9-10dB of gain from
>a preamp with a 1.5dB NF brings a ghost of a signal out of the noise. I
>didnt have to buy it either as I have the equipment to design, build, and
>test to my own stations needs. And not a generic catalog item such as the
>RPA-1 which amplifies everything from LF to VHF and dumps it all into your
>receiver including everything from the BCB.

Then you also say:

> So when are you going to publish the schematic and parts list for that
> preamp that you use?
> Many of us are still capable of building.

Since you already said you can design, build, and test what you seem to
imply are superior devices, why are you asking me to supply you free
instructions? That makes no sense, unless it is intended as some kind of
compliant.

Are you are implying I don't contribute to technology, or saying I should go
on welfare and give work away by your edict?

I think most people realize I had a hand in most popular things that help
people, even when others copy it.

It seems like no matter how much people freely contribute to others in this
world, it is never enough for some. They demand even more free stuff.

73 Tom

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK