Re: Topband: Small antenna book

To: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Small antenna book
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 15:46:32 -0400
Id like to think that many of the OT's that worked the band under the old power restrictions found many suitable small lot antennas.
A look thru the old QST's, CQ, Radio, HRM, etc likely will show a few.

In the 50's I used a 80M dipole fed with 72 Ohm twinlead tied together at the rig on 160; the Johnson Viking I loaded it and I made many contacts including AM mobiles.

In the 60's I used what would later be called a half sloper and in the 80's I worked coast to coast with 100W to a 750' Beverage just for grins and giggles to see if it was possible after reading a QST artcle about the Canadian government using an array for a ZL link on a higher frequency. It was reported as more reliable than conventional antennas.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>