Topband: Pulse noise source help!

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Pulse noise source help!
From: Doc Khalsa <doc@cybermesa.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 09:04:34 -0600
I have had a longstanding problem with pulse noise off my SW BOG. The pulses are ~5khz wide, ~1 to 1.5 S units in amplitude, are spaced every 12 khz, do not drift (one always right on 1825!), and extend from ~1700 to 2500 khz. The pulse usually begins around 7am and can stay on various lengths of time. There are 5 houses which are suspect most having well pumps, AC, etc. Also, this is rural NM! Any suggestions on what this noise might come from? No luck tracking it down so far because the absolute signal level is so weak (peaking at -120dBm with noise floor at -127 in my P3). Thanks for input.
Doc, K7SO  Espanola, NM
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK