Topband: FCP wiring question

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FCP wiring question
From: D Rodman MD <rodman@buffalo.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:32:32 -0400
I have all the materials for an inverted L, using K2AY FCP and have read his
article attached to the web page.  After I paid much more attention to the page,
I noted that the highlighted diagrams seem to show three different ways to
arrange the wiring and attachment to the transformer.  One shows the feed up,
one
shows the feed down and both of these start feeding at the ends of the
counterpoise wire.  The third diagram shows starting at the center of the wire
then the counterpoise goes up and down before ending.  For those of you who have
constructed the FCP, what route did you follow???  I haven't made the spreaders
yet but planning to visit Lowes this weekend for supplies, but I have all the
other components.  Waiting for the leaves to fall from the trees to get the
antenna actually in the air.  Thanks.

David J Rodman, MD

Assistant Clinical Professor
Department of Ophthalmology