Topband: The digital thread

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The digital thread
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:05:38 -0700
Well - here we are once again talking about the digital thread.  It's my
job to help moderate the
discussion.  This will be my last attempt to do so without having to go
into forced moderation
mode.

I think that it is safe to say that digital modes are something some people
like and some people
don't.  Many of us are on 160 meters because we like the challenges this
band presents us.
For some - digital modes is one way to deal with those challenges - but for
others, the magic of
radio happens between the headphone and hearing a signal is what it is all
about.

These two opposing positions likely are not going to be changed by any
discussion on this list.
It's almost a religious issue .

So - except for any constructive ideas about coming up with a better
management plan for how
to share the band - I think this discussion has run its course.  The SM2CEW
website has been up
for years - so there really isn't anything new there.  Go read it and make
up your own mind.  Then,
operate in a way that makes this fun for you.

73 Tree N6TR
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK