Re: Topband: Response to W8JI's comments about using a K2AV folded count

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Response to W8JI's comments about using a K2AV folded counterpoise at VK6VZ
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 01:52:56 -0700
On 9/22/2012 11:11 PM, Steve Ireland wrote:
Those who are interested in the FCP performance may find the discussion
below food for thought:

Great comments, Steve. The whole point of Guy's FCP is that it's simply another tool in the kit that can be used in an antenna system for those who are not blessed with ten acres and a lot of money. It's not "a better mousetrap" than other more ideal radial systems, it's simply ANOTHER mousetrap. In your case, it allows another VERY important degree of freedom -- you can install a more effective radiator. For others, living on a very small lot, it makes it POSSIBLE to have fun on 160M.

Not all of us have even the slightest possibility of anything full-sized on 160M, so must do the bast with what we have. SURE, it's a compromise. I'm blessed with more space than most, but not an infinite budget. For most of us mere mortals, almost ANY antenna system for 160M is a compromise. It's sad that some cannot see that forest for the trees. :)

73, Jim K9YC

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK