Re: Topband: Welded Wire Mesh

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Welded Wire Mesh
From: John Langridge <jlangridge@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:56:40 -0700 (PDT)

>I'm looking at 2-in x 2-in galvanized welded wire mesh as a ground
screen alternative.    The question is, does anyone have experience with how
well something like this would hold up?

For whats it worth, I had a welded and galvanized rabbit fence ground screen in
my parent's back yard when I was in high school - about 1700 square feet,
covering a large portion of the back yard.

A recent conversation with my dad indicated that he had been digging and found
some of it.  I went and had a look and the section was a dull gray but had no
signs of rust or deterioration.  The soil is mostly clay and has seen almost 20
years of watering and fertilizing, living under a mat of St. Augustine.

I guess it just depends on the quality of the material and the soil it sits in.

73,

John KB5NJD/WG2XIQ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK