Re: Topband: Short radials?

To: "Guy Olinger K2AV" <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Short radials?
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 17:57:00 -0400

The principals were RCA employees.  The commission was an attempt to
encourage entrepreneurs to build more radio stations, and as the upper
reaches of BC band were not really in play yet, tower expense was a
killer discouragement. Therefore all the attention to good signals
from shorter towers over well-done and extensive radial fields.

The study at the start says it to prove that short radiators can have good results, and that towers do not need to be 1/2 wave tall.

I'll have to dig around when I get time.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK