Re: Topband: Inv-L wire in contact with tree branches

To: topband@contesting.com, Gary@ka1j.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inv-L wire in contact with tree branches
From: "Jim F." <j_fitton@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Gary,
I have had good luck with #14 ga. teflon coated, silver plated, stranded wire
from a flea market.  Would like to find more of this as it loves treetops.

I tie a supple branch or make a rope inverted "T" configuration between to 2
supple
branches at the antenna far end which acts as a shock absorber for the the
endfed wire when the mighty wind blows and the heavy ice coats, as it frequently
does here in the hills of NH.

73

jim / W1FMR