Re: Topband: Spurious Signal on 1810.8

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Spurious Signal on 1810.8
From: "PTA_ABD" <wb2abd@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 08:13:48 -0400
Location: FN02mq  antenna: 160m inv vee  ( sorry no directonal antennas - down
for repairs)

Last night:  10 over S9, one fade down to S9 over the course of a few hours.

This morning: S7, started fading around 1200z - once to zero ( so suddenly, I
thought it was shut off, but it slowly came back). I did observe that around
1157z, the frequency abruptly shifted down and returned. This occurred a few
more times afterwards, but with no discernable pattern. I don't seem to hear
anything using AM mode.

I had thought someone local had purchased a dirty TV. Whew!

Paul WB2ABD
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK