Topband: Radials across a driveway and garage floor

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radials across a driveway and garage floor
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 16:48:49 +0000
The bottom of my 160M transmit vertical (actually more of a Marconi T) is
roughly centered in the center of the lot... nestled right between
house/garage/driveway. With the house in the center of the lot, and the T
supported from the end by two fixed trees, there's not a lot of choice I have.

So about 1/2 of the radial field that I lay out in the winter, is currently
just wire draped along garage floor and across the driveway. (I do a little
better with radials on the ceiling of the basement of the house, coming out the
sillplate on the other side to go back underground). My wife and kids and I
trip over the wires even if I tape them down.

I'm trying to come up with a better solution than copper wire draped over
garage and driveway. I'm thinking:

Metallic aluminum tape, or copper foil strips, on cement garage floor, painted
over? Garage needs a paint job anyway.

Slit the asphalt driveway with a masonary saw for each radial, lay down copper
radial in slit, seal the top? Driveway needs some attention too.

Any thoughts? I'm guessing here others try to align their ham radio projects so
they look to the XYL like home improvements? :-)

Tim N3QE