Re: Topband: Antenna analysers in close proximity to BC station.

To: Tom Boucher <tom@telemetry.demon.co.uk>, "160 reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna analysers in close proximity to BC station.
From: Chris G3SVL <Chris@G3SVL.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 22:42:17 +0000
At 21:21 02/11/2012, Tom Boucher wrote:
...... but how to use the antenna analyser in the presence of a high BC station field. Anyone any ideas?

Hi Tom,

I have 2.4KW of MW BC transmitter 300m from the base of my 160m antenna, so I know the problem. I've found an ICE BC filter to be pretty good - but I've only ever used it to tweak a matching system, not to take absolute readings.

I've used a loaned N8LP LP100A and that worked fine - but of course that's an entirely different measurement system.

73 Chris, G3SVL