Topband: Add top-loading to 43 ft vertical

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Add top-loading to 43 ft vertical
From: "Philip Zminda" <PZminda@recordtrak.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 10:40:34 -0500
inverted-L or adding several wires to act as a top-hat. I will be using
the internal tuner in my K3 and running 100 watts. I have 60 radials,
mostly 43 ft and a few 60 footers. I don't have many options for
supports but could put a 23 ft fiberglass mast temporarily at my shed
about 100 to 120 ft from the antenna and run a sloping wire. Which might
be more effective? What wire lengths should I try?

My only other option is an 80 meter doublet fed with ladder line that
put up for Field day. If I put it up it wouldn't be very high.

For receiving I have a magnetic loop.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Phil N3ZP