Re: Topband: DX WINDOW

To: "Carol Richards" <n2mm@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX WINDOW
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 08:39:05 -0500
On 2012-12-01, at 12:54 AM, Carol Richards wrote:

> That so called dx window on 160m does not exist...It hasn't existed for many
> years.

Well FWIW,

I personally think that the notion of keeping 1825 - 1830-KHz "clean" of NA
stations calling CQ is a good one...

We bemoan the fact that this contest is, in essence, just a "WAS" contest, or,
"...Son of SS"---but what of the DX station that might enter this fray with the
express purpose of working a new State, or two, but that can't be heard because
of all of the CQ machines grinding away on the band...? The are few incentives
for an overseas station to take part now as it is: why create another
dis-incentive by turning a blind eye to all of the domestic "pollution" in that
5-KHz segment...?

I enjoy tuning that segment myself, on the chance of hearing anything outside
of the USA & Canada: if I do, I'll work them---then leave the window.

It's the "gentlemanly" thing to do, IMHO...!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ