Re: Topband: How does this make any sense?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: How does this make any sense?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:36:51 -0500

> Respectfully, I don't think this is anywhere close to right.

I disagree with you ... the Advisory Committees have no independent
advisory role and have generally not been permitted to gather and
evaluate input on topics other than the narrow issues assigned by
the staff.  They have become an "echo chamber" for the preconceived
positions of the staff and insiders.

For example, the CAC did an exemplary job of developing a League
position on where Skimmer techn0ology fit in its contests.

A prime example of an Advisory Committee rubber stamping the position
of the staff and insiders.  Relegating skimmers entirely within one's
own station (I'm not talking about remote receiver skimmers or RBN) to
an "assisted" class was preordained.  It ignores the historical embrace
of technological innovation and is the first/only case that technology
(software or hardware that does not use input from a person other than
the station operator) has been singled out for special treatment.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV