Re: Topband: one-way propagation

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: one-way propagation
From: Carl Clawson <clawsoncw@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 10:34:37 -0800
On my 80 meter NTS net last evening (1830 local time) I noticed that the
critical frequency had dropped below 3.5 MHz. I could barely hear some
stations that were only 40 miles away and my neighbor Claire N7CM reported
that she heard no one but me. (No problem working 5T0SP, however, which
entirely made up for the hard time that I had running the net.)

When this happened in the past -- the last time was in Dec 2009 -- condx on
160 were often very good over the pole from here to EU. I haven't heard EU
yet this season, but here's hoping!

73, Carl WS7L

Last weekend was (finally) a return of over-the-pole conditions in my QTH,