Re: Topband: DX window

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 11:40:55 -0500
I stand by my suggestion and I don't see my suggestion as nonsense in
the least. Go here and read section 6.1
http://www.arrl.org/160-meter - The ARRL who host this contest state
plainly that this segment should be used for intercontinental QSOs
only, ergo: the DX window.

Since US & VE are disregarding this directive and using it selfishly
to the detriment of the others in the contest who are playing by the
rules, I say the offending stations should be penalized for ignoring
the rules. What is nonsense about that?>>>>

That is a good suggestion, because it is what the contest rules suggest. It is a place for intercontinental QSO's, and W/VE should not CQ there.