Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION

To: "'DAVID CUTHBERT'" <telegrapher9@gmail.com>, "'Michael Tope'" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: GAP VERTICAL QUESTION
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:34:21 -0500
Wow, Dave!

That sounds great!!  Could you support a vertical 1/2 wave for 160 with a
balloon? You could end -feed it at the base through a 1/4 wave of 450 ohm
ladder line and it would be a FEARSOME 160 antenna!  And the whole radial
issue goes away!!  I've operated a vertical 1/2 wave for 40m this way with
GREAT success! Even added a reflector and director to make a full-size
vertical 3-element yagi for 3Y0 and SE Asia on the evening 150 degree LP -
Great DX antenna! Worked Bouvet first call in a HUGE east coast evening
pile-up!  :-)

Charlie, K4OTV