Re: Topband: Why the DX doesn't always work split? Especially low bands.

To: "'Tree'" <tree@kkn.net>, "'Shoppa, Tim'" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why the DX doesn't always work split? Especially low bands.
From: "Mark Lunday" <mlunday@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 00:55:21 -0500
Also, the operator may not be able to hear the large number of stations
calling him.

I think we are talking about Murtada, 9K2MU, who has been on 80 for the past
two nights simplex.

Murtada is a very experienced DXer, and I think he was not hearing a lot of
the stations because of local QRM.  He even mentioned this as a problem,
which is why he probably did not consider the need to go split.

Just my 2 cents.

Mark Lunday, WD4ELG

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. &#8212; Bertrand Russell