Re: Topband: condx last night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: condx last night
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 07:47:36 -0700
Here in southwest New Mexico, we received a lump of coal !

You and F6ARC were the only EU stations heard for more than a few moments on a 600 foot beverage. Your signal varied from inaudible to 559. N5RZ, located 400 miles east of me, reported that you peaked S9. It was very discouraging when the east coast USA skimmers were hearing the Europeans 20 dB louder than they were hearing me.

The band seemed way down this morning. Even NH7O was weak. There was a brief lifting of the shroud at sunrise, with a good signal from JT5DX, who seems to hear very well.

73 and MX to all !
Steve, N2IC