Topband: BOG Antenna

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BOG Antenna
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 10:11:25 -0800
Besides the benefits mentioned, I find the BOG has less QRN, NOISE, in disturbed conditions. Then it can often make the difference between working some DX, and working no DX.

73,
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/

I agree the BOGs are great for local crud reduction and in a suburban area while the DX performance isn't great, the S/N impact just from ducking the noisy switched power supplies, chargers, garbage low voltage lighting switching matchbox transformers, PCs etc is significant. Even 100 ft wires on ground with a small tuner can be a big boom to receiving.

73 and HNY to all. Pete W2PM

Stew Perry Topband Distance Challenge coming on December 29th.