Re: Topband: Short Bogs

To: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Short Bogs
From: Ashton Lee <Ashton.R.Lee@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 07:44:32 -0700
My BOG was a breakthrough after previously using just my inverted L on receive.
Its 300 feet fed through a 300 Ohm transformer. The transformer is grounded,
but not the far end.

In the last week I added a Wellbrook loop which earned its place as my primary
receive antenna in the Stew Perry after a bunch of side by side comparisons.
The loop is much higher gain. It can be rotated but I wasn't set up to do so.
The loop has slightly more noise than the BOG but way less than the transmit
antenna. I've used one before in a different location, and find these to be an
under appreciated option.