Re: Topband: RFI / Interfering Phenomenon...?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RFI / Interfering Phenomenon...?
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 10:05:13 -0500 (EST)
Eddy,

The 21 kHz spaced between peak probably originates in a switching power supply
and the loud "whir-whir-whir" noise may be generated by a motor.   The slow
movement up and down the frequency may originate from a motor controller
changing the motor speed.  The precise timing (1230Z on) sounds like its a
timer turning on a high efficiency motor.

My guess:  one of your neighbors recently installed a high efficiency furnace.
I have exactly the same type of RFI originating from a high efficiency heat
pump one mile southeast of me.  Thankfully its "only" S7 and the Beverages
eliminate it except to the southeast.

Good luck!

73
Frank