Re: Topband: RIG PROTECTION FROM BEVERAGES

To: Wayne Willenberg <wewill747@gmail.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RIG PROTECTION FROM BEVERAGES
From: Petr Ourednik <indians@xsmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:23:07 +0100
Wayne,

I am using the home made KD9SV front-end saver for long time on receiver
input and
I have never any troubles with blowing the receiver input port. Fast
high quality relays
is th key, just to think about the protecting diodes of the relays which
are commonly
used in these kind of circuits. I am not using them in order to avoid
IMD issues.

Regarding the lightning / storm protection I am always disconnecting
coax feedlines from
radios and grounding them OUTSIDE the house. It is uncomfortable a bit
but the most secure
for equipment I think.

Hope it helps,

73 - Petr, OK1RP

--
"Noses out of the screens and back on the radios!"(G3VTT)
"See You on the wireless"(G3ZWH)

Topband Reflector