Re: Topband: alternative to vacuum variables

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: alternative to vacuum variables
From: "Lloyd Berg - N9LB" <lloydberg@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 22:24:02 -0600
I've tried doorknob caps, they get hot, drift and I've had a couple explode!
I've used air variables, they work well until a bug crawls between the
plates.
I finally gave up and went with vacuum variables - work great, no issues!

BTW, I've got four vacuum variables listed on QTH.COM right now at
reasonable prices.
Three at $50 each under "Miscellaneous"
And
One motorized for $100 listed under "Antenna Tuners"
73
Lloyd - N9LB