Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: New 160M high performance receiving antenna at W3LPL
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 12:00:34 -0500 (EST)
My new 160 meter Broad Side - End Fire (BSEF) receiving array is now in use and
performing extremely well, significantly better than my 900 foot Beverages and
full size 4-square transmitting antenna.

Like most of us who live in developed areas, my RFI environment has
significantly degraded with the lack of effective RFI regulation in recent
years.  Plasma TVs, ubiquitous poorly filtered switching power supplies and
increasly popular high efficiency motors are steadily raising our noise floor.
With this new antenna 160 meters is delightfully quiet again at W3LPL!

Thanks to W8JI, W5ZN, N4HY and W1MK for their efforts in designing, optimizing
and publishing the details of this wonderful high performance receiving
antenna.  The BSEF array is now connected to the 160 meter input to my CW
Skimmer, it now has significantly better sensitivity than when it was connected
to my 900 foot NE Beverage.

The description and photos of my new BSEF array are here:

http://pvrc.org/bsef/bsef.html

73
Frank
W3LPL