Topband: wire ties

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: wire ties
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 09:52:01 -0800
Installing a new receiving antenna, and ran out of wire ties.  Without a local
electrical supply store, I purchased some from an automotive store, and found
them less than expected. Early morning temperature was 8 f degrees, and the
ties snapped with light tightening pressure. Resorted to an old standby,
fiction tape to secure some ferrite  split cores. Reminds me of something like
"you get what you pay for"
I suspect, if these ties were installed in warm WX, they could have survived
the winter.

73
Bruce-K1FZ
www.qsl.net/k1fz/bogantennanotes/index.html